18 August 2009

Sleep Over

Cathal came over this weekend to spend a night, away from his Mammy and his Daddy who where otherwise occupied. It was the first time he had been away from them for more than a few hours, and he was very good. Need I say that we had fun? But he was very, very happy to see them again, 24 hours is a long time for a little one.


I am not sure if he thought he was going camping, but he had bought his portable seat, and his bubble bed.

Hummm! Rice cakes!




A good night sleep is all I need






Sunday morning, and after breakfast (a Very Early breakfast!) I got him to discover a very special set: a desk and chair that were used by his uncle when he was small,

and Cathal’s Mammy before that,

and Cathal’s Mammy’s aunt before that (e.g. my little sister),

... and

... me before that!



Yes, this desk and this chair were mine when I was very small, and I still have them. I brought them over from France years ago when my children were small, so they could use them.

And now it’s Cathal’s turn. How cool is that?



5 comments:

Clive said...

Nan, Cathal looks so cute and so well!

Gorgerous photos and so lovely that he is now using your desk - I thought that was really special and very emotional.

A really wonderful and heart-warming post.

Take care
the little man's mum

Jeffrey Goble said...

Very cool, indeed!

Mel said...

That is so exciting. I am sure you have been itching to have him all to yourself for quite some time ;) He looks so very tall now- growth spurt?

My mum is in England at the moment, and I can't wait for her to get back.

Colette said...

Ohhhh you are a treasure!!!!
How i wish we could clone grandparents like you!

Cathal looks so cute hes almost edible.
The desk is fabulous.
Well done again Gran
Colette

Anonymous said...

il a l'air d'avoir passé un super moment chez sa nanny. et je suis ravi que le petit bureau est trouvé un nouvel occupant... très studieux!
affectueusement
dom and co

 
]